ORANGE RUNNING FESTIVAL 2020 REGISTRATION WAIVER
1. Entry fees are non-refundable for non-starters and non-finishers. Entry fees are fully refundable for withdrawals on or before 31 December 2019; for withdrawals between 1 January 2020 and 8 February 2020, a refund of 50% of the entry fee will be applied; no refund will be given for withdrawals after 8 February 2020. No refunds will be provided for merchandise purchases; merchandise will not be posted and will only be available for collection at the event hub during the Festival weekend (7-8 March 2020).
2. I acknowledge that running and walking involves the real risk of injury or death from various causes, which may include but are not limited to: over-exertion; dehydration; heart problems; disorientation; accidents with other competitors, spectators, volunteers or road users; equipment failure; unforeseen events; the course; or the weather conditions.
3. I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
4. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury or death. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of the event from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) for any and all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, sponsors, managers, government and public authorities, contractors, volunteers, and event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity is perpetual and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives, and assigns.
5. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that event organisers or medical or paramedical personnel believe is necessary for my health, before, during, or after the event.
6. I understand that the event organiser does not provide health insurance for me, and I will bear all financial responsibility for all and any medical treatment arising from my participation in this event; including but not limited to ambulance, doctor, and hospital fees. I understand that I should have my own personal accident and ambulance cover.
7. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
8. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
9. By entering this event, you consent to your personal information being provided to Athletics Australia Ltd and Athletics NSW Ltd for the purpose of registering you as a recreational running class of member of Athletics NSW Ltd and for administering the Running Australia program. You further consent to receiving information (including via email) about the Running Australia program including details of other events and special offers or promotions.
10. If you DO NOT consent to your personal information being disclosed and used or receiving information about the Running Australia program please contact the Orange Running Festival Committee.
11. Entry information is to be collected into a database which is and shall remain the property of Orange Running Festival.
12. The database will be used in the management of the race and for the purpose of the Orange Running Festival.
13. The database will be managed by the Orange Running Festival.
14. The Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10km events at the Orange Running Festival form part of the NSW Regional Distance Running Championship. By entering one of these events, you consent to your results (including name, DOB, and official finish time and place) to be provided to the NSW Regional Distance Running Championship organiser for the purpose of compiling the results of the Championship.
15. I acknowledge that the information given on this form or otherwise provided by me (or my parent/s or guardian/s) to the Orange Running Festival is true and correct.
16. I acknowledge that photos may be taken throughout the Orange Running Festival and consent to the use of my image in any form of media without payment or compensation.
17. Each competitor will run on the approved course as directed and will not accept outside assistance.
18. All participants must wear the assigned numbered timing transponder correctly as per the instructions provided. The use of any other participant’s timing transponder is strictly prohibited as this would compromise the results and could lead to the disqualification of the participant and/or entire team (where applicable).
19. The organisers reserve the right to delay, alter, or cancel any race in the event of dangerous weather conditions. No refunds will be provided in the event of cancellation due to weather conditions.
20. The organisers cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen valuables.
21. The organisers reserve the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications of these terms and conditions without prior notice to participants. The organisers will endeavour to advise participants of any rule change prior to the race, but any such change shall be considered effective for all participants whether or not the participant has received notice of the change prior to the race.
22. All decisions of the Festival Coordinator (or delegate) are final. The Festival Coordinator (or delegate) is the sole judge of fact; there is no right of appeal regarding any decision made by the race director.
23. The Festival Coordinator (or delegate) reserves the right to reject or disqualify any participant whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Individual disqualifications may lead to the entire team (if applicable) being disqualified. It is expected each participant competes in the appropriate spirit.
24. I have read the Terms and Conditions and the rules applicable to the race that I have entered on the Orange Running Festival website (www.orangerunningfestival.com.au) and agree to comply with them.